LAAT in association with Newcastle College is one of the largest Further and Higher Education Colleges in the UK with over 20,000 students. Our international student population comprises of students from more than 60 different countries. We have been awarded Beacon status in recognition of our excellent teaching and learning experience as well as holding a Matrix award. Our first-class facilities replicate real working environments and offer an exceptional learning experience
Due to the huge national growth and investment in the rail market, the industry is predicting a significant skills shortage over the next 10 years. In order to meet this challenge and offer young people an exciting career pathway, Newcastle College Rail Academy trains and delivers the rail engineers of the future
The Academy is the first of its kind in the North East and was developed in conjunction with the National Skills Academy for Railway Engineering (NSARE) and key rail employers such as Network Rail. The purpose-built facility consists of a number of real working environments to train technicians and engineers in a variety of realistic operational scenarios
The facility is based in Gateshead, and benefits from easy access via the He worth and Felling Metro stations, He worth Bus Interchange and is approximately 15 minutes away from major motorway road links. The Rail Training Programme covers a range of technical, professional and practical aspects of the rail industry which will be taught at Newcastle College’s dedicated Rail Academy
While abroad, you are representing your home country. For this reason, we expect all students to behave in a legal manner that is respectful of other people, customs, and property.
As a student, you are responsible for researching and understanding issues that relate to your respective host countrys laws, as well as the safety, health, political, and cultural conditions of the host country.
While enrolled in Rail Academy Program, UK it is expected that participants will abide by the following code of conduct. Violation of this code will be met with appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal from the program.
While in a foreign country, a student is subject to that countrys laws and regulations. That country may not afford the protections available under home country.
Any student convicted of a crime abroad can expect incarceration and/or fines. LAAT will not assist in legal matters caused by a participants use of alcohol or drugs.
• Usage of Alcohol and Drug
• Criminal behaviour or violation of local laws, including theft or vandalism
• Violation of rules in effect in the student s residence
• Violation of rules in effect at the host university
• Repeated intoxication
• Abusive language or behaviour toward LAAT staff, university faculty/staff, host family, or other LAAT program participants
• Sexual harassment
• Disorderly, indecent, or obscene conduct
• Violent behaviour
• Damage to any facilities, housing, university, hotels, or transportation vehicles
• Plagiarism and cheating
• Falsification of documents or personal records submitted to LAAT as part of the application or acceptance process.
• Any inappropriate conduct including but not limited to violation of any LAAT policies.
• Misplacing passport, visa or any other important document required as per UK laws.
• Overstaying in the country after completion of course and expiry of visa.
35 new broad Street, Office No. 224 Liver Pool Street Post EC2M 1NH City of London – UK
Near Ajman University of Science and Technology | Street No. 92 |Al Jerf 1 | Ajman | UAE